Tuesday, May 29, 2007

We All Look Like We Feel

Criticism has been arising for the once, and still is in many of the fans' hearts, "emo-king" Christopher Carrabba for "selling out" due to his evolution from indie to mainstream, most notably when the song 'Vindicated' came out of the sound track of 'Spider-Man 2'. It's preposterous to turn one's back on a band because they are making substantial progress in terms of exposure and worldwide recognition. The ones who lose interest because of such ignorant reasons are the ones selling-out, they are the ones who are jumping off the boat, good riddance.

For the long-time fans; especially from the Swiss Army Romance all the way to Dusk and Summer, it is hard not to be happy for Chris and his achievements. His recognition has been a long-time coming, and it is great to know that Dashboard Confessional is going stronger than ever, for years to come.

"If we lose fans because kids just genuinely don't like the record I made, if that's the case, I'm sorry to see you go, but that's a real honorable way to turn your back on a band. I can understand if I didn't come through for you personally, if you prefer the other records. I'm sorry that you didn't like it. I like it. It's what I needed to do. I could not be prouder of this record. And if you hate it solely because it's popular, then that's not my problem."

Congratulations Chris.

No comments: